Man, I'm tired of thinking about MASS MoCA. Some links:
- Felix Salmon says, "Once upon a time, even the proprietors of the trendiest art-scene bars could write in English." The word that undermines his point: "chameleonize."
- Callen Bair talks to Joan Snyder and gets her reaction on winning a MacArthur.
- OK, one link about it. Tyler on the North Adams situation: "The museum had to know [Büchel's reputation for difficulty] going in and still failed to work out an iron-clad agreement with the artist regarding mutual expectations and obligations for the installation." Couldn't agree more, and that's it.
- The Venice Biennale defied Eva's expectations. Lots to read, look at, and think about here, as well as some good links to other Biennale material.
- I agree. Not cool at all.
- Artworld Salon turned one, and has some changes planned. Congrats, and I look forward to reading more.